Mt. Auburn, Cincinnati, Ohio
Urban Development – Medical Office
- 152,000 SF medical office building
- 5.5 acre urban site
- 2 acre surface parking lot
Award-Winning Urban Renovation Benefits Uptown Community, Minority Investors
The Christ Hospital rapidly expanded operations and looked to properties within Mt. Auburn, the community the health provider has called home since 1893. It found its solution in a Hamilton County property that was sitting empty, formerly housing the Department of Job and Family Services.
Project developer Al. Neyer purchased the property at 237 William Howard Taft from Hamilton County and began renovation in February 2012. Al. Neyer worked with Cassidy Turley to negotiate the deal with The Christ Hospital. By leasing the space from Al. Neyer, the hospital was able to relocate nonclinical and support functions, while maximizing space at its nearby hospital campus for patient care services.
Al. Neyer sought and gained significant investment from a minority group of community investors for the development. PNC Bank also provided financing for the project. The project met the eco-friendly standards of the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program.
With community members serving as investors and a Hamilton County asset sold and renovated, the redevelopment garnered the 2012 “Best Deal” award from the Commercial Real Estate Council of Greater Cincinnati.